add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA vs NZXT Phantom 820 (Black)

themaniac

71 months ago

what is better in terms of cooling space and radiator support in push pull config

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Phantom 820, it's an epic case. But for that amount of money you could get a Corsair 900D which, just blows everything away

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

could you keep to the two cases I asked about I'm not saying the I don't like the 900d its just that I'd like to get either one watch this video skip to about 3 minutes and look in the background I believe it the Blackhawk ultra and he has 1 big fan and 5 smaller fans I was going to get the Phantom 820 but than I saw this video so I don't know which one now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCEGluJHSvI

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I brought up the 900D simply because it's a water coolers perfect case. But I'll keep it between the two. The BlackHawk Ultra has insane cooling, I believe it can have a total 3x 230mm fans, and I think it's 2 x 230 on top so that's room for a 460mm Rad.

The Phantom 820 can have a 360 mm dad up top, and a 280mm rad on the bottom of the case, it also has exceptional air flow.

It all depends on what else you want out of the cases. Both are very good, but I'm partial to the Phantom 820, because I know it's exceptional build quality and joy to build in. It's also aesthetically beautiful

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks I wasn't going to be water cooling seeing this will be my first build and I agree with you that the Phantom 820 looks outstanding the two things I don't like about it is the door to the 5.25" bays and the window and the BLACKHAWK-ULTRA is big enough so when I upgrade my build I can put ssi ceb form factor motherboard in I think and the ability to put tons of fans on it for outstanding cooling I saw the linustechtips review on both of the case and he said that the BLACKHAWK-ULTRA was designed somewhat badly for cable management

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube