• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

T-Tech 10 days ago

hi, my friend is in need of a laptop for college to do video and photo editing on. he has a max budget of £650. thanks for any help given.

Comments Sorted by:

Captaincow285 1 point 10 days ago

With Discrete GPU - Look for a Lenovo Y series, an HP Pavilion 15T, or Dell Inspiron 15 7667 on sale (it's normally about $750). I do not recommend these, as these laptops sacrifice speed (you sacrifice SSDs for the GTX 1050/1060s) and weight (most gaming laptops are heavy).

Without discrete GPUs - Try a low-end Thinkpad, such as an A, E, L, 13 or 11e. Or a Dell Inspiron 15 5667 - It has an SSD, which is really worth it.

legonate416 2 Builds 1 point 9 days ago

For video/photo editing I would recommend some sort of discrete GPU, but it doesn't have to be much more than a 1050, or an MX150, if you're looking for thin and light.

@OP I would suggest your friend to get one of the laptops with the new 8th generation CPUs... The 15w CPUs are now quad cores with hyperthreading (7th gen is dual core w/hyperthreading). That enables you to have a great battery life and pretty decent performance at the same time. I'm not sure what's available in the UK right now though, release schedules aren't exactly laid out for us country by country. Good luck!

Captaincow285 1 point 9 days ago

Lenovo Miix or Yoga.

Mtthwmths 1 Build 1 point 9 days ago

Acer Aspire VX 15 looks pretty good! Should be about £610