• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

DPRutledge 7 days ago

For the front page of the website, we always see that the featured build, about 9/10, has a computer that us $2,000+. I think it'd be awesome to have a normal Featured Build and a Featured Budget Build, for PCs under $1,000 or something close to that.

Comments Sorted by:

manirelli staff 8 Builds 5 points 7 days ago

We regularly feature builds from all budgets. Generally speaking, people who spend more on parts also spend more time documenting, taking better pictures, and being more engaged with the community.

DPRutledge submitter 1 Build 1 point 7 days ago

I know, but it's very easy to make a freature-worthy PC when you can drop $4,000+ dollars on it. I just feel like the budget PCs need some love too.

Cicero_ 3 Builds 1 point 7 days ago

They get some. There have been budget PC's featured, but the reason not many are is because not many budget builds have a decent amount of time spent on photographing and documenting the build, which are important parts in the process.

MannyPCs 1 point 7 days ago

I +1 this. Putting in a good amount of photos and a good description is a big plus. Anyone can do it no matter budget IMO, just take the extra extra time and effort, and we love to see that happen.

PCPPAccountant 1 point 7 days ago

I think this is a great idea

Entrainers 1 point 6 days ago

A $700 budget build with $50 worth of things to spice it up and some creativity along with nice pictures is all you would need