• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Dawn_Chorus 7 days ago

I'm looking for a mid grade mouse with a scroller button that has a nice definite click. Not subtle and smooth turning but one you can really feel the button halt each time it rotates a bit. Wireless or cord fine. Preferably no side buttons, just the basic 3. Any suggestions? Other than time travel to 2002...

Comments Sorted by:

talby 10 Builds 3 points 3 days ago

Check out the Roccat Lua, killer deal at best buy for $21 - one of the few budget gaming mice w/ only 3 buttons and very solid build including the scroll wheel.

Dawn_Chorus submitter 1 Build 1 point 2 days ago

Thats the ticket for sure, Thanks!

MrSlyWalker 1 Build 2 points 4 days ago

The razer mamba and razer mamba te both have very distinct stops for each turn. It also has 3 types of clicks you can do with the mouse wheel. It also has two side buttons

cheeseandram 1 Build 0 points 2 days ago

Bad sensor though.

MrSlyWalker 1 Build 1 point 1 day ago

You must be kidding. A 16,000dpi 5Ghz optical sensor is bad?

cheeseandram 1 Build 1 point 1 day ago

Yes. DPI and frequency rates aren't the only things that matter in mouse sensors. The Philips Twin Eye is actually a laser sensor, and laser sensors are known for their acceleration problems. The sensor is also infamous for it's Z axis issue which occurs when lifting the mouse. While I do like the scroll wheels on these mice, the sensor is enough to put most gamers off this mouse.

A better option, if you want a Razer mouse, would be either the Lancehead TE or the Deathadder, which both pack the Avago 3989, which is one of the top sensors as of writing.

nightrook 3 Builds 1 point 4 days ago

My personal favourite is the Logitech M705, and there's a function which allows free flowing scroll, or clicky scrolls. I highly recommend it.