• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

shreder75 7 days ago

So my son has been getting into playing fighting games, mostly older ones like Killer Instinct, Super Streetfighter IV, Tekken Tag Tournament. Most of these were gotten on the free or cheap. He's not even five yet, but he button mashes pretty well =D Watching him play has kind of gotten me bit by the fighter bug. While I think he's way too young for the extreme violence of it (the other games he's playing are pretty cartoony by comparison), daddy's suddenly gotten an interest in MK XL. It can be had pretty cheaply for console these days (sub $30 for the whole thing, DLC and all), so I was wondering if we've got any Kombat fans out here and what they think of MK XL. Worth the buy? Stay away? I'm not a competitive online player (of anything, really... too old and washed up for that noise lol), but throwing down a few matches every so often to break up the monotony of shooting aliens or blasting rock giants with magic spells probably couldn't hurt. Thanks!

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 3 Builds 2 points 7 days ago

I have it, but also have tekken 7. As a fighting move IMO, tekken hands down. Feels so much slicker the MK, or maby I am just a huge tekken fan going back years. But just MK XL, its a solid game, fun to pick up just for chilling with mates and trying out the fatalities and seeing the over top gore.

shreder75 submitter 1 point 7 days ago

Thanks for the input. I'll probably get Tekken 7 once it drops in price a bit. The little guy should get a kick out of that.

Growliff1234 2 points 6 days ago

Street Fighter V is a much better game than many people make it out to be. I had a good time while playing it at a friend's for a couple days.

shreder75 submitter 1 point 6 days ago

I remember when SF V released. I don't think people had problems with the game itself, really, but didn't it have a very limited amount of content when it came out? My kid has a good time with IV, but sometimes the difficulty seems all over the place even if you don't change it. He'll blow through it one time, then get smoked in the first round again and again on the next playthrough.

hyperxram 2 points 6 days ago

What games are you playing that involve shooting aliens and blasting rock giant with magic spells?

As for Mortal Kombat XL, it's tough to pick up. I've owned it for months and have yet to even play it.

shreder75 submitter 1 point 6 days ago

It was a joke, mostly.

I ended picking it up on the cheap. Looks like a lot of content, and it'll be a good change of pace once in a while, I think.