• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

philip 6 days ago

My last post was that we were working on a PCB revision, hopefully our last. We had to rev one more time (go figure), but I'm happy to say we're done. Assembly of the final revision has begun in small test amounts. I'm also working on wiring harnesses and test assemblies. There is a boatload of cabling to do for them - some 3000+ cables still waiting to be cut, stripped, and crimped. I cranked through a few hundred during the latest Apple livestream. We've also had two other different (but related) PCB designs printed and milled, and numerous brackets and support structures 3D printed.

It's all part of our upcoming benchmark infrastructure. I won't share all the details, but I'll just say it's been a LONG time coming. We've been talking about it since, well, 2011. I've been dreaming of the coming day for what feels like an eternity. It hasn't been cheap to implement, but I don't care - I think it'll be worth it for the value it provides the PC building community.

When we go live, look for some content related to what we've built and how it works. I hope you like it, and I hope you appreciate it. We've put a ton of time, effort, and attention to detail in it.

Comments Sorted by:

tecosaur 3 points 6 days ago

I cannot wait for the volume of objective, comparable data that I assume will be made avalible. Fingers crossed this willl be out before I finally start my first build in November. I have no idea quite how this new feature will work, or how in-depth it will be but I'm sure it will be amazing. The amount of work that has been put into this site by you guys is incredible, and not least by me, hugely appreciated :) It's fantastic to see just how much passion you have for your work. This site has already proved invaluable to me from the amount of time it's saved me, and I can't wait to see how it progresses. A sincere thanks to everyone who's worked to acomplish everything so far, and best of luck for the future!

p.s. Can we at least get a pic of the PCB?

Cicero_ 3 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

pssssst

Check PCPartPicker Instagram (it's not there yet but I assume it will be and there are other revisions on there)

Why is it that the link for this thread is "September 2017 Update". Did you change the name or is it just for categorization purposes?

philip staff submitter 10 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

It's a bug. I changed the title.

Ah. I noticed that when you renamed my OC survey it kept the original name in the url, so I figured that was the case.

gorkti200 2 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

Yayyyyyyyyy!

I can't wait to see the result of all this work. I love benchmarks and it seems like what you're doing is going to be very comprehensive.

"Welcome to PCPP Review. After 7 years in development, hopefully, it will have been worth the wait."

tragiktimes101 1 point 5 days ago

I am sure we will like it, Philip. Congratz on a job well down!

Captaincow285 1 point 5 days ago

Yes! Benchmarks incoming!!!!

I remember the last topic....

Me: What's the PCB?

Now that I know more.... What's the PCB?

Anyways, hopefully this works!

AfzalivE 1 Build 1 point 21 hours ago

Since everywhere else, commenting is closed.

Is it possible to include PCI-e lanes in the Processors filter?

And adding Mike's Computer Shop (canada) to the retailers?

Thanks

[comment deleted]