• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

PedroLopez 6 days ago

I have watched hundreds of youtube videos and looking at building my first PC soon. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is the drivers, i understand i can download the graphic card driver from Nvdia and all is well, but i saw a youtuber talking about drivers you download for your CPU and MOBO. I am buying an optical drive because i burn CD's onto my computer (i know very retro in this day and age) and should all the disc that i need for the components come in the package. Also, do i download windows 10 from the disc and then download the drivers or vice versa. I apologize for sounding like a complete noob but i would like to make sure i understand everything before buying the parts. Cheers in advance

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 3 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

Generally speaking, the new versions of Window's out the box works well with most devices and has drivers to get you going and recognise most devices you attach.

After that as you mentioned getting drivers for additional things like GPU, CPU and MoBo is the next step. In the first instance Window's will usually download a massive number of updates / drivers and get things up to date. At same time, check the vendor site's of Nvidia (if you buy an Nvidia GPU) then Intel / AMD (for CPU) and whatever motherboard manufacture you buy the board from for latest drivers.

Usually by the time you get to building a PC, the driver CD included with your part's are out of date, thus why its best to bypass them entirely and go to the websites.

PedroLopez submitter 1 point 6 days ago

Is the CD fine to use, whats the down side to not getting it from the Website, other than being out of date.

Radox-0 3 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

Yes, CD is fine to use. There may even be drivers on there that Window's will automatically download anyways. Usually most will just get latest of everything from website. I would recommend you really avoid the Nvidia ones on the CD however and get latest from Nvidia's site.

PedroLopez submitter 1 point 5 days ago

Ok, so the main one is just the Nvida graphic card driver that I should download from the website, and the MOBO and CPU that come from the packages will be fine, is that correct?? The website I don't have an issue with its just I'm worried I'll download the wrong drivers and stuff the entire PC up.

Drente 1 point 6 days ago

Not at all. First make sure that you plug in all the cables in your pc correctly. Second insert the dvd in your drive and install windows. Let the windows update itself and then go to the motherboard manufacturer site where you will have to look for the model and the driver download section. There you will find all the drivers. Install them in the correct order and that's it.

Will the Manual tell me what link to go to and download or is it really self explanatory???

Drente 1 point 6 days ago

Read the model of the motherboard on the box cover or the board itself. Find the model on the manufacturer's website and download from there. Read the motherboard manual if you have never build a pc before. Read about the bios features, sata ports, fan headers etc. so you know where and what plugs in. Have fun and good luck.

Ok thank you alot