add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Are Evga G2 still reliable?

iOhy
  • 30 months ago

Hi all, so I have some custom cables for Evga G2 series laying around and I kinda don't wanna spend more money to get custom cable for a different serie.

So is the G2 still reliable? I'm leaning toward on the P2 right now.

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

You can only use those cables for the G2 series. And yes the evga G2 psu is still a very very good psu.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know about power supply other than brands but can I ask you why they're still good? All i know is a lot of people like that series.

But what makes it good? If you know or not, how does this serie compare to P2, T2, G3 from Evga and other series like Corsair Axi and Hx?

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

You just named almost all best psu's on the market ;)

But what makes the G2 still great?

• Voltage regulation is excellent
  • Ripple control is great

This website tells it all http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=440 . Jonnyguru is one of the best psu reviewers in the industry. Check it out and learn ;)

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Thankyouuu

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/243818-are-evga-g2-still-reliable#cx2538231

The cables are compatible.

It is still good. It is still right up with the P2 which is basically the same but a very very minor bump in efficiency, and nearly the same as the G3 and same fort the AXi and HX.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the correction!

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

The cables ARE compatible with the P2. The G2/G3/P2/T2 all share the Leadex platform which allows for this to happen.

Source:

https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-e-series-g2-p2-cable-kit-green/

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I kinda MAYBE made the dumb move and got my cables from Ensourced instead. I heard a lot of good stuff about them. Soooo I kinda ditch the cablemod instead.

Edit : Which mean that on their website, the cables is only capable with the one I chose which is G2

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

kinda MAYBE made the dumb move and got my cables from Ensourced instead. I heard a lot of good stuff about them. Soooo I kinda ditch the cablemod instead.

Good choice lol.

I meant to use the link to show compatibility.

compatible with EVGA®­­ G3 / G2 / P2 / T2 power supplies.

They all use the exact same pinout so if you had a custom cable for the G2 it would work with the G3/P2/T2.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Eeeh, I'm afraid :(

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

So I found my answer, yes they are capable. Thankyou!

Also, I'm sorry if I sound dumb but if I use the P2, would my eletricty bill increase..?

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

It would decrease, but not by much. Even a 5% difference in efficiency (such as 85% vs 90%), at say 500w load (which is higher than most rigs even under synthetic load), leads to about 32.5W difference at the wall. That equates to 32.5W/hour, or about 2.6 kW/month if done for 20 hours/week. In Hawaii, which pays significantly more for electricity than the rest of the US, you would save... less than a dollar a month. That is under extreme usage, at the highest electricity costs in the US.

If you want something else, such as less heat or noise, that a more efficient PSU would provide, then go for it. But don't expect a large difference in the electric bill.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

It would decrease your bill but we are talking pennies, not even a whole dollar.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube