add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Seasonic gseries 550w 8pin cpu trouble

ajmoe99
  • 74 months ago

I bought the seasonic g series 550w gold psu and cant get the 8pin cpu together it arrived with the pins apart and i was wondering if it would fit properly when i plug the 2 4pin connectors into the 8 pin cpu power on the mobo. It also seems one of the 4 pins is slightly more taller so i dont know if that is causing an issue. Thanks for any response

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

As long as they both lock properly into place, you're fine. Having a connector slightly longer than the others should also not be an issue. You only have to worry if one is shorter.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

problem is there dosent seem to be a place i can lock them together its just 2 flat black plastic little covers around and i dont really see a place to hook it together, i may just ask my local computer shot where i ordered it through

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean you lock them into the correct spot on your motherboard. There's nothing saying they have to be physically connected to each other.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

o ok thank you, i was getting a little worried, whenever i try to do somehting, some little thing always goes wrong so im trying to be cautious with this build, here is the total build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2JkrJ

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube