add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can the Kraken X62 overclock a i7 7700k to 5.0GHz?

xTwistts

21 months ago

I'm wanting to buy a computer but I want it to be fast so could the Kraken X62 overclock the i7 7700k to 5.0GHz?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

It'll really depend on the exact chip you receive because each one has the ability to overclock to a different level. Since it's all done on the "aftermarket", Intel makes no guarantees as to what the minimum speed the chip will get, except the base clock of 4.2GHz and the 4.5GHz turbo clock.

That being said the x62 is a great cooler, so you stand a pretty fair chance to make it close, if not there.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I hope it supports Coffee lake cpus, because I want that cooler, the rgb rings on it looks so cool.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I would imagine it would since since the sockets are very similar. If not out of the box, they should offer an adapter for it to make it fit, similar to how companies did with the AM4.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Coffee Lake was announced Sunday, with availability on October 5th

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw the Coffee Lake but haven't seen the specs of them. It'll be while before i buy my pc so I can easily wait, I will be getting a 1080 ti for 1440p gaming. I wonder if the Coffee Lake cpus can push past 5.0GHz.

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, i just want something that can look cool and game at the same time. So hopefully these things will be fast.

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Theres reviews for the 8700k that say it clocked to 4.7/4.8 ghz on Air, so i think it should be able to do 5ghz on Liquid

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

So what your saying is that every processor isn't the same for overclocking?

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

That's kinda messed up, you would think everyone would get the same product.

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Weird, can you take the silicone of it and make it better? Maybe reapplying it or something like that?

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube