add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phantom or 750d!?

Stebahn

71 months ago

this 750D Love the look. Industrial. Simple design. Sturdy. And those SSD slots... awesome.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-750d

or this Phantom Great cable management options. fan control. plenty of space. dont like the look as much but still quite nice.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-phan001bk

Any opinions out there? :p

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I own a 750D and it definitely blew me away. It is very sturdy and the ssd slots are pretty useful. Airflow is excellent, cable management is great, and comes with a lot of modular options (like removable hdd cages, magnetic top filter, easy filter removal/cleaning). However, the front panel connectors were very tough to connect onto my mobo. I was using normal ATX and hiding the cables was not the easiest, but doable. Most of them go fine, but some you may have to put in front, but that could have just been something weird I was going.

On the other hand, you get a different kind of look that goes for more flashy aesthetic appeal, but still holds a ton of functionality. However, I don't really know exactly how getting air to a top mounted closed loop cooler would look like, I'm pretty sure you need to remove the top piece.

Either choice is a good one honestly, but I'd probably just lean on the side of the 750d just because I've had a good experience with it.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the phantom, white. It's really nice for cable management, plenty of space. Case is always very cool feeling for me too which is nice. My only regret is not getting a clear side panel, which I could purchase for like $25 separately .

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a great looking case. Love the design in and out. Though I do love that the 750 comes with a great side window. Decided to just go with my original plan and get the 750d. Ordered all my parts for my build. Now I just have to wait .^

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

can't go wrong with either!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube