add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to connect cx550m to GTX 1060

Jensen4621
  • 30 months ago

I am currently building my new computer (1st timer) ... And I ran into this problem when I was about to connect my graphics card with the PSU - there is no cable in the box which match the PCIe 6+2 input on the power supply. Should I just connect it to the 4x2 CPU slot? I'm confused...

Really need help

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Should I just connect it to the 4x2 CPU slot?

If you want to fry something then sure but otherwise no. Different kind of cables have different pin outs that send different amount of voltage to different places and this will even vary within brand.

there is no cable in the box which match the PCIe 6+2 input on the power supply

Could you show use some pictures?

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know how to add pictures here

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.coolerkit.dk/shop/phobya-kabeladapter-8-pin-7774p.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwyIHPBRAIEiwAHPS-GBW-ISNDwZ16g43X2eWyCbFw7t1QA7fWPHTvyz4b9uYT-quIysYRshoCsUAQAvD_BwE

This is the only cable with PCIe, and my PSU only have PCIe 6+2 (with 2x3 slot). My graphics card is Gigabyte Windforce 1060 3gb, and it only has 3x2 slot too.

What to do?

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

That PCIe cable will fit in your GPU. Not sure what the problem is here.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

The other end don't fit into the PSU (even tho it's included in the box) - it's 2x4 the other end

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I happen to own a CXM power supply and can tell you that it definitely does have a spot to plug the dual 6+2 PCIe cable into. I also looked up the CX550M and found a picture that shows a spot to plug it into.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

That's an EPS 8pin to 2xPCIe extender cable, this isn't a cable that comes with Corsair CX550M.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

It looks completely like that, the only cable with PCIe on (2x 6+2 pin one end, the other end 1x 2x4)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube