add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus MAXIMUS VI GENE

Echochrome4
  • 76 months ago

I am hoping to build a computer soon with this motherboard and will be using two graphics cards. I want to make use of the mPCIe slot but I have no idea what wireless adapter to get and how to instal that and if I need antennas? Normally when you get a PCIe wireless adapter it comes with antennas but I don't know what I would do for the mPCIe slot?

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw a list of working adapters but can find it anymore. Anyway this one should work http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-wireless-network-card-6235anhmwwb

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Try this.You stick the antenna out the back I think. Look up a youtube vid on the maximus gene combo card to be sure.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube