add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Checking psu outside of box

Nemoh
  • 30 months ago

Im having a noise issue in my pc and have already swapped gpus and am slowly using the trial and error method to see what the issue is. I've just bought a new psu to try and want to hook it up to test it. Only issue is that my case makes it quite hard to cable manage and sort everything out.

So my question is would it be safe to keep the psu outside the case with all cables attatched just to play a game quickly and test it? It will make things so much easier as I will need to swap old psu back if the new one makes no improvement.

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube