add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What's the difference please help

alucard21
  • 30 months ago

I've heard the most power supplies Are All Made either by seasonic of course there I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between brands or if it really matters I'm looking at buying a 500 600 watt power supply fully modular and 80 plus gold so you're helping me I appreciate it thank you I'm not planning on overclocking or having multiple gpus I'll probably use a b350 motherboard and no more than 3 hard drives and SSD and a optical drive thank you

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

I've heard the most power supplies Are All Made either by seasonic

No...Most aren't actually. Seasonic is just one of mean OEM's.

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between brands or if it really matters

Brand doesn't matter outside of stuff like Logsyis and Diablotek. It is all about model/series.

I'm looking at buying a 500 600 watt power supply fully modular and 80 plus gold

The efficiency rating only has to do with efficiency and nothing else and even then outside of extremes you are looking at less than a dollar a month. What is your budget? What country are you in?

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

my budget for my overall pc is about 850 and i live in the usa

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

so if i get a 80+bronze or 80+gold the ony thing i'm getting is more cost and if i was goung to build a pc with 1 mid range to low mid range gpu and 2 hard drives and a odd what would you suggest and why

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

so if i get a 80+bronze or 80+gold the ony thing i'm getting is more cost

Efficiency should be the very very last thing you should worry about when it comes to a PSU. You need to focus on performance and build quality first of all.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020101na

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cg4NnQ/bitfenix-whisper-m-450w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-bp-wg450umag-7fm

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/DQx9TW/bitfenix-whisper-m-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-bp-wg650umag-7fm

As for why? The CXM is unbeatable for its price. You won't find a better quality and performing PSU for under $60. The Whiper M is right up there with the Evga G3, Seasonic Focus, Corsair RMx, etc and I assume you can't drop like $130 on a PSU.

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair CX550m and CX650m 80+ Gold PSUs are a good bet.

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not bad, but the CXM is far better in performance and is a significantly newer platform than the s12ii.

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

True, the 750W and 850W are much better. You linked to the old 620W one, though...

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes buy it's an EVO!

Why would the lower wattage make such a big difference.

Because 520/620W units are completely different power supplies internally than 750W and 850W.

Non-EVO and EVO units are internally identical individually (same 8 year old design), which means 520W and 620W units (non-EVO and EVO) are still group regulated and have very poor protections.

750W and 850W EVO and non-EVO are also identical internally, but use a different design than 520 and 620W.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

don't forget its a 2013 review and tech changes so back then it was a good psu today it can be mediocre.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube