add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AeroCool DS Cube vs BitFenix Prodigy M

dragoon20005

71 months ago

I stumbled upon the AeroCool DS cube casing which is almost the same size as the Prodigy M chassis

but both have vastly different layout for the mobo placement

eg: Aerocool is flat placement while BitFenix is mounted to one side but upside down from the usual placement of the mobo

if any of you are currently using either cases

which do you think might be suited for cable management, airflow and possible upgrades in the near future?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Aerocool with the side panel window. Tired of the Prodigy lol

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

yea looks better that you can see the mobo along with your GPU

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

the prodigy has a crappy design imo, they really didnt rework much when they did it. like the usb 3 ports and the i/o should have been moved to the other side panel for ease of use and im not to fond of the front mounted power supply since the power supply can be one of the loudest things in the system if you dont get a good one that doesnt use the fan that much.

the cube has a little wider footprint but i think its worth it to maintain the flat mobo and the different sections of the case.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

i have to agree with you point here

a front mounted PSU is weird

looks like the Cube DS will be the next buy

thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube