add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build cable questions

aerialobserver
  • 29 months ago

The EVGA 550 G3 power supply in my build came with two SATA cables that connect to the power supply and have three flat 1" connectors on the other end. I need to connect fans, an optical drive and hard drive. These SATA cables would seem to provide power, but maybe not data? Surely there needs to be a connection from the optical and HD to tranfer data, but the labeled SATA connections on the MB are smaller. It looks like I may need to buy some data cables. Is this correct?

The little pen and ink drawings and six point type don't explain anything and assume I have the right parts, which I may not. Help?

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, you do need to buy SATA data cables to connect the drives to the motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube