add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can i transfer windows 10 from a laptop to a pc

yolocloclo
  • 31 months ago

I just wanted to know if i could transfer windows 10 from my laptop to my pc. This would save me a lot of money.

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends. If you bought the laptop with Windows 10 on it, then in general the answer is "no". Technically you could probably get it to work, but you would likely be violating the license and important things like updates may not work. If you bought a Retail version (not OEM) and put it on the laptop, then you should be able to. For more information, Google "Windows OEM vs. Retail".

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Read this - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/49586-determine-if-windows-license-type-oem-retail-volume.html - to find out if you have an one or retail stream version of windows. And vigil.egale, my labtop came with windows 10and I have the retail stream.

[comment deleted]
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

ok then

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube