add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

anyone help advising best fully modular psu for my build

Homey
  • 29 months ago

after the second 1200w Semi mod HIGH POWER psu has died I must again go through the painstaking process of rebuilding this time going to ensure fully mod for ease of future repeat issues

system works brilliantly other than the failing PSU's (perhaps too high a rating for asystem suggesting 765w but with possibility of future upgrade to graphics either by twinning or replacing with higher rated

used for mass storage (obviously) movies music media and lots of photoshop work etc

as for games unless were talking space invaders or maybe mario bros then NONE

system on 24/7 more often than not

OH AND MY BUILD SPECS AS CLOSE AS i CAN GET ARE: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cnV4yf

ANY ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS NOW REDUCED TO VIDEO PLAYER AND OLD TAPES UNTIL i SORT IT OUT

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Power Supply Corsair - RMx 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £144.97 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £144.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-13 23:43 GMT+0000
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

think I forgot to add...due to sheer number of SATA connectors and molex (with/without adapters etc)

was hoping for fully modular preferably with ribbon leads and MORE than just two SATA lines to unit

regardless THANKS for the super quick response.... but I must ask if anything better comes to mind

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

If the rig is going to be on 24/7 and is going to require a ton of SATA and Molex connectors, what comes to my mind is the EVGA 1600W T2/P2/G2 This may seem like a huge-*** amount of power, but at least it means that you'll never run out of SATA (14 SATA connectors) and Molex (x5 connectors)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Power Supply *EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £309.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £309.99
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-14 06:57 GMT+0000

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube