add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 7 + RX550 4gb + 16GB Ram Buy or Pass?!

Xirazer

25 months ago

Hello! I'm new to the site; and i've been looking to Build a new system! following build guides I had put together a system configuration with an Ryzen 5 and 1060 6gb gpu etc... But then I was shopping around at the store and this Caught my eye.

https://www.costco.com/HP-Performance-Pavilion-580-137c-Desktop---AMD-Ryzen-7---4GB-Graphics.product.100377698.html

Ok, I know, I Know! HP Bloatware, prebuilt such and such..

But it comes in at 300 LESS than the one i was planning to build... and honestly my only real concerns at first glance is the Video card? Mobo? and perhaps the PSU(not listed)?

I've been using the same computer for 9 years, not a problem only upgrade to a SSD and more RAM. (not really a gaming pc) and I only really do spreadsheets and office work + Some Light League of Legends gaming and Looking to expand to more intense games?

To sum it all up, buy or build something more expensive? Critically, is this something worth it?

I would love to read your thoughts on this...

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Should be fine for your usage

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks!

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

I saw that one. It made me pretty depressed, that one.... Upgrading it with a GTX 1070, a new PSU and some other odds and ends was actually cheaper than building one from scratch.

Get it.

Also, Windows 10 has a "reset my PC" option that will remove bloatware.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Was thinking Something similar just wanted to see if i was the only one. Thnx! :D

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Here's full specs for machine. Might help if you are looking to buy and upgrade.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05686933

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks the mobo kinda scares me but I really appreciate you posting this!

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Buy it, yeah. If possible I would replace the PSU if it wasn't good, and I'd sell the GPU and get a better one. But that's only because I play more intense games then you. That's a steal.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I would love to play more intensive games but my current pc from 2008 ... that wasn't even set up for games back then xD

I also so the same configuration with a rx580 for $250 more so i'm still contemplating... q.q halp!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-1700-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-recon-blue/5948598.p?skuId=5948598

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd say that's a pretty good deal right now. Assuming nothing breaks, that will be good for awhile, minimum 3 years, maximum 10. :P

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I called to see if any of my local stores have open box items too see if it would be a good idea to get this instead, unfortunately they don't so I'm still kind of in between q.q.

Thanks for your Input!

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

You can still buy the other one, and if you're not happy with it you can always upgrade. I think you'll be pretty happy though. :P

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks like a great deal, can always swap out a PSU and a GPU later if desired. Rest should suit you fine

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! this is really hard, being that I'm so indecisive! I think 80% that I am gonna buy this but researching, and opinions from people more well verse in these things really help me out!

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Yea I went back and forth plenty before I built so I now the feeling. Best of luck

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube