add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noob question number three.

OldSkoolNoob
  • 30 months ago

My Grandma has a Dell running Windows 10. I am not very familiar with anything past XP Pro so go easy on me. But when she starts certain games the bar at the bottom of the screen shows up superimposed on the game. These games seam to work fine on other Win 10 pc's in the family. I cant tell if there is an option I have missed somewhere or if this is sing of a fault in the integrated graphics card or what. But it is very annoying as the mouse will drop in to the bar while my 85 year old Grandmother is playing an FPS and click you back to the desktop. Meanwhile she is getting murdered in the Not paused game.

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

the mouse will drop in to the bar while my 85 year old Grandmother is playing an FPS and click you back to the desktop.

So that is a very common issue in all Windows 10. That is normal, and I haven't found a way around it. You've got to be ready to get back into it.

Also.... incidentally.... You grandmother plays FPSs? I'm just imagining her sitting at a monitor clicking around and cackling "Die, little rascals!"

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

hm. I have never gotten that issue.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

It happens with me when I open Slack, or Minecraft.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, she does it so she can share something with her Great Great Grand Children. Not much common ground for an 80+ depression era woman who didn't have electricity until she was already out of school and the children of today. I didn't say she played well.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah. That's still impressive for your grandmother.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the game launching in full screen or windowed mode? If windowed mode, that may be why the task bar is still visible.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

full

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Try "Windowless fullscreen." If she is already in windowless fullscreen try standard "fullscreen."

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

it seems that the problems are:

• the game is not capturing mouse
  • start bar active over the game

strange.. I few questions that come to mind are:

• Does this occur on the built in display, a separate monitor or both?
  • With what rendering method does this occur? Does it persist if you change it?
  • In some games F11 switches between windowed and fullscreen mode, What happens if you put the games in windowed mode? What if you then maximize them?

I don't know how helpful I will be but I hope these questions help you find what the problem is..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube