add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

can't install windows 10

PhxClaws
  • 30 months ago

Just bought a windows 10 retail version that's usb but when i try to install i either get code stop 0xc000021a after it loads or it just restarts and i can choose windows setup (64-bit) again. so can't really do anything except for going in the bios. Appreciate any help i can get. just got the computer as well. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tHkz2R these are my parts

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

You might try following the steps in this video and see if you can get anywhere from the help provided.

https://youtu.be/9kDVpmVRpy4

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah looked at that but i get the code stop 0xc000021a when i try to start from safe mode or do anything at all really. haven't installed anything at all only have a usb with the windows 10 installer

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Try a different drive and see if you get the same, it could be that your MBR is corrupt in some way. If it installs on a different drive then you'll know it's a hardware issue. You can always reformat the drive later if it's not the drive.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

gonna try and use the mediacreationtool and download the installer on another usb and see if that works

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

If you do manage to get it to work, I would definitely recommend getting your money back on that retail copy of Windows 10.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube