add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can a 1300 W PSU handle 6 r9 270?

precrime3
  • 74 months ago

Building a mining rig, if you'd like to see its here: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/precrime3/saved/3AUF Gonna be using 6 r9 270's, and was thinking of a dual psu, but saw it was cheaper if I could get one big one. Do you think a 1300 w psu can handle 24/7 run time with 6 r9 270's? Thanks guys!

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

you should be able to, i just searched real quick and I don't think that it will break 1200w for the gpu's, so you mgiht be cutting it a bit close

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

Ill be bios flashing to undervolt, its just a fact of getting enough plugs lol

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

then you will likely have enough wattage with 1300

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

Do you know of any PSU that h's 12 PCIE connectors? The gigabyte r9 270 have 2 6 pins if I'm not mistaken..... Or I could use Molex to PCIE but don't really feel like doing that.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm pretty sure that the R9 270 only has one PCIE connector. The 270X has two.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Get an 80+ Platinum PSU if you do.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't mean to not contribute to this thread, but can somebody explain how this guy is going to connect 6 GPUs to a motherboard that just has four slots? Do they make PCI splitters that allow to use more than one card per slot? And doesn't that decrease the power that the GPUs can output?

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

changed the mobo, that has 6 slots. PCIE x1 with pcie x1 to x 16 risers. Its for mining btw. Can anyone recommend 1300w + so that is in stock at a decent price? Prefer it to be fully modular, and 80 + Gold. Even 1200, I'm probably gonna undervolt Anyways.

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

It is nice, but a bit pricey, would like to keep my build as close as possible to $1500. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2S4fy

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Just a random question, I'm probably missing something: Why do you need to buy 6X risers if you could plug 4 of them into the PCI X16, and then get two risers for the 2 PCI 1X?

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

Spread them out some, for cooling, as they run HOT.

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

I see where you going with though, I might do that, it might work out for the better, idk.

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

Why low end cpu + high OC mobo

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

With mining, it is almost %100 gpu based now, you can mine with your cpu but it is extremely inefficient and nearly impossible. You basically need a cpu that will run a browser.

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

mining rig (cryptocurrency)

• 74 months ago
  • 0 points

Have found a PSU i like. Do you think the corsair ax 1200i can run a mining rig with 6 270's (most likely undervolted, if not, at stock, or slight tweaking to clocks) 24/7?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube