add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a new PSU

PNWGaming
  • 28 months ago

This morning I turned on my system to get some work done only to be greeted with the pleasant smell of burning plastic. Everything still works but I don't want to take any chances with this PSU anymore so I am looking for a new one. Only way I know that it is the PSU is that after powering off the system and taking out the PSU, it was extremely hot to the touch and the smell was coming from the backside of the unit.

My current system:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: 16GB(4x4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz PSU(Dead): Corsair CX750M GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X

Monitors: LG 25UM56-P Samsung C24F390

Any and all recommendations are very much appreciated.

Comments

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube