add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can you change Oem to USB?

Shadow_Phoenix
  • 29 months ago

I'm building my pc today and I don't have an optical drive, I also have a laptop, is it possible to install the oem to the laptop and move it to a USB Andy if I can Will it work properly?

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. You can store it on another device

Go to Microsoft website and download your version of windows 10 via iso file. NOTE: it’s free to download not free to use

Download a program called Rufus. Run to create bootable media to the usb/sd card of your choosing

Boot up your new computer with the usb and go through setup.

Put in your activation OEM number when asked

Continue through installation letting it update as needed.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you send a video on how to do it?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait what, shouldn't the disk be in while I install it? And the oem is windows 10 so how was I supposed to download It?

• 29 months ago
  • 2 points

Nope. You can toss the disk straight into the trash.

MS has a tool that downloads and formats Windows onto a USB drive.

And the oem is windows 10 so how was I supposed to download It?

???

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

But it's a disk. I don't understand what you mean, are you saying to download it for free or copy the disk then throw it out?

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Either way. I didn't have to use the media creation tool the other day. Don't think it even gave me the option. I prefer to download the iso file and then create a bootable media.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok , burning ISO to USB is the best way , but I was curious,I just tried this method as it does't seems reliable,I checked my own mistakes, maybe the USB space is not big enough, I didn't know what was the problem when I downloaded it ,I need to reuse an empty USB stick ,

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Creating a bootable USB ? these are guides that i got from Google .

https://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-burn-iso-to-usb-drive.html

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=74976020#post74976020

Do you think that is Ok ?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube