add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

750w for two vega 56's/ 1070's, should i upgrade or am i fine?

bengy22
  • 27 months ago

Hello everyone, i currently have a evga 750w g2 psu and i plan to go with two vega 56's or two 1070's down the road (i don't want to hear about how i should go with a 1080ti etc) and wanted to know if my 750w will be ok or if i should go with a 850w psu? i know the 850w psu will be optimal but is it absolutely necessary?

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

For gaming there is zero reason not to get a single GTX 1080 Ti but for two GTX 1070's depending on the rest of the build you could run it off of a 550W PSU. For the 56's they do draw a lot of power. 750W is the smallest I would get for two 56's and 850W would be ideal.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks i plan to only get one card at first and then later on get another. I plan to mine on the cards when i'm not using them when they are not in use so that's why i plan to go with two 56's (i think all pass on 1070's cause a single 1080ti while mining in similar). What would be the wattage on just two vega 56's? from what i can find one card uses 210 watts so two would be only 420? thus wouldn't a 750w psu be fine? thanks for your help!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

i plan to go with the vega 56, what would you say i should upgrade too? i have a freesync monitor but even at that a 1080ti wouldn't make sense cause it mines about the same as the vega 56 and a vega 64 is very similar to the 56 when mining. not trying to be a *** but my point being there is nothing to upgrade to.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably will not be for another year at least, plus my 970 is showing its age. I'm going to be getting a vega 56 once aftermarket cards are out and prices are down.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube