add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

windows not downloading to usb?

korbyn12
  • 29 months ago

Hello, I just downloaded the windows tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and its been 3 days of download in still has not downloaded. I've stopped it and tried over and over. last night I just let it sit overnight and its still loading.

It loads the agreement page, Then asks what USB i want to install on. Then when it starts to download it never does anything. I've checked the USB and it has nothing loaded (Folders, files , ect) on it.

Does anyone know why this does not work?

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

It's been slow going at least while doing the Fall Creators Update. I've downloaded that thing 3 times in the past week over a slow dsl connection at my office. Oh man that was so slow...awful.

Not sure if it would matter, but you might try choosing to download the .iso file and avoid using the windows media creation tool. Typically at my house with a 50mbps service I can download Windows 10 in about 20-30 minutes.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

Be sure to choose the correct version of Windows 10 that you purchased.

To create a bootable usb you can use a program called "Rufus". The program is very easy to use just download it and run it. You can also search "using rufus to create bootable usb windows 10" on youtube and it will give you several videos to watch in case you aren't sure how to proceed.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Disclaimer: I am not a paid spokesman nor offer this as the only method to install Windows 10. Using this method is not illegal and does not suggest a violation of Microsoft's terms of service. Any assertion to the contrary is a misrepresentation of what I have said above.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Sale of software and keys from that site often violates the ToS or are resold licenses purchased via fraudulent credit card. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Pirates. I would not waste your money

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Know a place where I do not have to pay 100$ or it?

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

You either pay the full normal price or end up with a key that breaks the ToS which applies to pirated copies and greymarket site such as g2a aka paying to pirate.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah actually I sure do... it's $93 over at Best Buy right now, a hell of a deal right now. I would jump at that price if I were you.

Buying a legally licensed copy will just make your conscience feel better anyways.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

^ This!

No need for Rufus, I have no idea why everyone likes that software? The Media Creation Tool will automatically format your thumb drive to Fat32 for compatibility and install all the necessary files for installing Windows.

Also note that with every Microsoft update that the Media Creation Tool's file version changes and you'll just need to download a new one to get the latest version.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube