add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about reinstalling Windows 10 OEM

Tommy313
  • 29 months ago

So my pc has been acting very strange lately and I am wondering if I could reinstall Windows 10. I’ve heard that the OEM version does not allow you to transfer between computers, but what if it is the same computer?

Ps: I was also wondering how I can wipe my sdd (which has my OS and drivers on it). I currently use a separate hard drive for my games and other software, couldn’t I just take it out of my pc and put it back in after I’ve finished reinstalling Windows?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I had a problem with the makers update and 100% drive usage on a laptop. Couldn't get the drive usage problem fixed so had to have Windows repair itself. It was a real pain and it deleted a bunch of stuff but I finally got it to fix itself.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much for the info, I will try this now.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Another question, if I reset windows in the settings, what happens? Does it delete everything off of my ssd with the OS on it or does it also delete everything off of my hard drive used for storage?

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube