add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

WHERE DO THESE TWO WIRES GO?!?! First time building

JoshIsVisual
  • 27 months ago

^ Wires/ or cables either one idk what they are called as but

https://gyazo.com/aee2e9f0f9aa2ce3fbb4783522af809d

the left one says extension cable and I don't the other one.

where do they even go????? by the way its connected to the thing in the middle

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Need more info like what case?

If it is the h440 case then that thing in the middle where you connect all your fans on to is a fan controller. If that extension cable is connect to the fan controller then i think it is the cable that gives power to the fan controller. The other one i can't remember but it should all be in the manual (if it is the h440 that is).

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

its the h440

and im not sure where to plug the two,

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

The larger molex connector I believe is to power the extra fans so you don’t over load the motherboards fan connector and the other one might just be a extension cable so if you fan is too far away to plug in.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man, I figured that the whatever its called molex connector would connect to something to the psu and I just left the extension cable as it is

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube