add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NO AUDIO FROM MY HEADPHONES on FIRST BUILD! HELP!!

JoshIsVisual
  • 26 months ago

So I just built my computer and everything works fine, but I can't hear audio on my headphones when I plug in the jack to my pc.

The sound does work from my monitor tho, but not from my headphones, HELP!!!!!

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Does your motherboard have onboard sound support? If not then you need a sound card. You should check to make sure you have your sound card installed in your motherboard correctly if you do have one. If not, then you should make sure that the problem isn't actually your PC. Your headphones could actually be broken. Try testing your headphones on a different device. If the problem only occurs on your PC, then it could mean one of the following things:

1. Your headphone jack is broken/not working properly
  2. You haven't installed the drivers for your headphones
  3. There is something wrong with your motherboard.
  • 26 months ago
  • 1 point

everything works properly, I just used the plugs behind the pc.

WOO

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I see... It wasn't working because the plugs/ports/headphone jack at the front of your PC case that aren't directly connected to your motherboard don't just work like that. You have to connect a wire from it to your motherboard for it to work. Try check for that, and then you should be able to use your other headphone jack.

Congrats on fixing the problem!

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

The only problem I have is that one of the x2 drams I got is dead and doesn't work. also the motherboard aura rgb doesn't light up at all.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube