add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build blank screen

sgtlildude

26 months ago

Spent the whole day building my new pc just to find out it doesn't work. Rebuilt it a few times just to make sure and tried everything i could. The first problem we realized was that it wasn't outputting a signal to the monitor. We ended up trying another monitor just to make sure and even then it didn't get a signal. Pretty much everything has been tried and switched around so I have no idea what the issue could be. Any help is appreciated because it's been a huge waste of time.

Part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mw63VY Ram isn't included in this build because my friend gave me an old 8gb stick he had from his build. I'm not sure what kind it is but it looks exactly like this ram just without the sticker. https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Single-PC4-19200-Unbuffered-288-Pin/dp/B019FRED60

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Just incase you haven't checked this already, make sure the monitor is plugged into the GPU, not the motherboard.
  • The motherboard takes about 45 seconds to figure out what's going on before it tells the graphics card to send a signal, so make sure that you've waited long enough. I've heard it can even take 5 minutes (300 seconds).
  • Make sure that your graphics card is getting power from the PSU.
  • Make sure that the 8 (or 4) -pin CPU power connector is plugged in
  • Make sure that you've tried pressing the case power button with both configurations of the power supply master switch (that is, flip the power supply master switch and try again)
  • 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea I tried pretty much everything. The only possible thing I was thinking it could be is that I had to use a red like spare cable the power supply came with to fit my graphics card because it has a 6pin and 8pin

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube