add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First pc won’t turn on

bootyloops
  • 26 months ago

Idk if it is a problem with the power supply or what but it won’t even show the blue light or turn on the fan. However I refunded the cx 550 that I thought was broken bc it looked like it had a missing pin but when I got a new one it had the same thing. On my old one when I plugged in the main power connector one time it turn on for a second then went back off. My new one won’t do anything. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bootyloops/saved/HmP7hM

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 2 points

Did you make sure to plug in all the cables to the motherboard? (4+4 could power, and the large motherbaord power connector that I can never remember the pin count of)

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but thanks

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

On the second PSU, did you make sure to actually turn on the PSU itself with the switch on the back?

On the first time build through, did you get ANYTHING at all when you tried to turn it on? If so what happened? What lit up? Did it say lit?

I would say to follow one of the many Tubes on diagnosing build issues. Heck, even PCPartPicker has a good one, but it is a bit rambly..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube