add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

"ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip

Simple123
  • 29 months ago

This is the error my friend gets while connected to LAN on his new pc build. Its been over 12 long and frustrating hours of me trying to find a solution. I cant find any, any help will be greatly appreciated. His bios is up to date, his drivers are all up to date. We put them all on a usb and got them from amd and the MB website. His Ethernet cable works, its not broke (the cable works wired on his mac and ps4). The LAN port LEDs are on signaling they're working. We tried turning on the LAN in bios. We tried basically all the command prompts for internet, nothing works. On the PC it self, it says he is connected, but, his internet icon is yellow. DHCP is enabled.

His build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WGmY4C

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

What was the latest Windows Update downloaded? When?

Also, run thew command "sfc /scannow" in an admin-enabled Command Prompt. If that fails, roll back to an earlier Windows version when the ethernet worked. If that fails, reinstall Windows.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

... new pc build.

Did your friend clean install the operating system?

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I have this exact same motherboard, and had the same issue. It's just a case of simply updating your Ethernet drivers of ASRock's website.

Here's a link: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M%20Pro4/index.asp#Download

Get the Realtek LAN drivers.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube