add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Howto use an SSD and HDD, but have the HDD only backup occasionally????

Dracomaster9

21 months ago

Alright so this is something i've been thinking about, for my build i want a 500gb ssd and 500gb hdd, but to use the hdd as a backup, so i would write to both, but have it copy data from the ssd to the hdd every so often? So in emergencies i could rip out the HDD before (lets say) the corrupted SSD ruins it? I dont think this is a feature of RAID and if there is anything similar enough to this i would like some suggestions please! Thank you!

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Run a daily Windows Backup to the drive - have Window's schedule automate it. Then, if the SSD becomes corrupted, you can restore the backup from yesterday or so.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube