add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Issue with my new system

legendscar1
  • 26 months ago

So I built my new system 2 weeks ago and it was somewhat of a letdown

Specs:

R5 1600 @ stock

Asus Prime b350m-A

8gb(4*2) ram @ 2666mhz

zotac GTX 1070 mini @1860 MHZ @73 c no OC applied

500gb HDD

coolermaster MW500

I don't know what is wrong with it but it seems that whenever I am gaming I have a lot of fps drops for example:

Watch Dogs 2 @ultra I get around 70fps to 60 fps but suddenly while driving I drop to 7fps multiple times

same goes for AC syndicate it works just fine on ultra to ultrahigh I get over 60fps but while driving the carriage I drop way down

also, COD infinite warfare and BF1 whenever there are bombs or intense scene or out of new where I get hit but an fps drop causing stutters

while these fps drops happen I see my core clock and memory clock hit the ground

I did run some benchmarks :

I ran Cinebench R15 for 3 times and the CPU seems to be okay to me and AIDA64 for 11m as well stays at 66c no issue

I ran 3D Mark fire strike as well

I did test my CPU and it seems fine and my GPU and seems to be okay as well but way whenever for example while I am driving in watch dogs 2 I get this massive fps drop my GPU and my CPU seem to stop boosting and they drive down to the idle state

Any Ideas what should I do?

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 2 points

Have your done the following: 1-did you update video card drivers? 2-did you update Microsoft Visual C++ 3-Is Microsoft NetFrameWork v4.5 installed? 4-did you update DirectX? 5-install the latest game patch?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube