add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Severe teleporting in game

Hatcher12
  • 26 months ago

Ok this might be a convoluted post just a heads up. I'm going to try and cover as much as possible for someone to help me. So I mainly play Smite, which is a 3rd person MOBA. I had zero issues at home with around 140 down/50 up. I recently moved into a house for college, and built a new pc. My new pc consists of a r5 1600 and GTX 1080. My current speeds https://imgur.com/KDWJuEJ and a ping test https://imgur.com/WgQYY4j . The speeds were 420 down and 38 up. Ping test sent 183 packets received 176 average 27ms. Would that amount of packet loss (3%) be enough to be causing my issues? I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, but what I've seen through research is that you want 0% no matter what. I have reset my router, and I am currently using an ether net cable for my internet. My roommate uses wifi for his xbox playing the same game and experiences the same problem. It has gotten to the point where it is pretty much unplayable if I want to try hard in ranked matches. I am using the ISP provided router. I can supply any additional info if needed, any replies are welcomed. Thank you! (not sure if this is the right topic but it seemed the most appropriate)

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah this is the right subtopic and for your issues 0% packet loss is recommended although I think that 3% shouldn't cause that severe of an issue, I'm thinking maybe your roommate is experiencing less prominent lag? Ask him to disconnect his Xbox from Wi-Fi and then play smite on your PC, and vice-versa, because it might be the stress being put on the router from the 2 multiplayer sessions being ran at once.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not, he is asleep right now and my last game same problem. I might just contact my ISP about the packet loss. I'm just gonna assume they will be useless for awhile so I'm trying to determine it myself.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're on campus then maybe the signal is weak? If that's not the case contact your provider and let them know of the bad connection, if the customer service is good they should do something about it.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Their using an ethernet cable, so can't be bad signal strength. Might be issues with the wiring, though.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I had overlooked that, that’s likely.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

did you look at your ping image..........you have packet loss

what you dont know is where the packet loss begins. it is when it leaved your pc, or later on the internet.

what ip address did you ping? How many times did you let it do the trace for you? I only see 1 time in that image, so it is not giving much information out

do a trace route to say like google dot com, or yahoo dot com

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube