add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to update BIOS .Cap File

cryohawk

25 months ago

Ok so I'm trying to do this ME Firmware update for this intel exploit and I DL the chipset installed it still not working, trying to install newest bios and its a .cap file I cant open or run it! any help to get this done I cant really find a clear answer online. also not sure this will work even since when I called ASUS they tech support told me to update the chipset and would fix it and still didn't from the scan...please help

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's how to do it. I believe you have to load it onto a flash drive.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/187437/software/how-to-update-your-bios.html

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube