add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC Not Turning On After Build

NightStrike
  • 25 months ago

I’ve come to my friend’s house to help him get his PC running, as he’s been built it, and not found a way to get it going. When pressing/holding the power button, nothing turns on. We’ve gone through all the basic stuff and nothing’s worked. I’ve previously built my own pc in the past, and what got it working was taking the battery out and putting it back in, proceeded by the jumper switch. On his motherboard, I’ve found no such switch. Taking the battery in and out hasn’t worked either.

At this point, I’m stumped on what to do.

Motherboard: https://fast.ulmart.ru/manuals/3709267.pdf

If you can locate the switch, or an obvious flaw, please do. If there are any part specifications I’d need to give, I’d be glad to help.

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I know you said you guys tried the basic stuff, but you'll need to be a tad more clear for us to help you. The first thing I would do is make sure the power switch is plugged in properly. Have you tried double-checking the front panel connections?

And if you're trying to clear CMOS, the header is above the USB 3.0 header, it's #10 on page 9 of the pdf you linked.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Try manually starting the computer without the power button. To do this, you need to take a screwdriver and short the two pins that would go to the power button (labeled as "PWR BTN" on the diagram at the bottom of page 1-2 in the motherboard manual). If that doesn't work, make sure motherboard standoffs are properly installed. Honestly there are about a million things this issue could be, it's just a matter of trying stuff until something works. I wouldn't freak out as this is pretty common among newly built systems.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I've recently built a fresh new computer, I plugged in everything correctly but the power button as my motherboard manual wouldn't specify. Try getting a flat head screw driver and push both pins down (gently). That's how I figured out which one it was.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube