add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lil Bro PC won’t boot

Alex730
  • 25 months ago

Here are the specs | https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mHcDr7 | I just built my own computer and everything’s bottled up fine and now I just went and finished my little brothers build, but it isn’t displaying anything. All the fans are turning on, case, cpu, and graphics card, but nothing is showing up. I tested the monitor it boots up with my computer and I also switched out the graphics cards and while mine booted up with his 1030 his won’t boot up with my 1050 ti. I understand if this is all jumbled up and I apologize. Could it be the 8 pin into the 4 pin cpu? I’m not entirely sure thank you for any help you can give. | Also I forgot to mention that it’s a hard drive from my old prebuilt it’s got a fresh windows 8.1 install

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Could it be the 8 pin into the 4 pin cpu?

Let me meg this straight. Your motherboard has an 8-pin CPU power connector. His motherboard has a 4-pin CPU power connector. Could it be the problem? Nope, as the motherboard was manufactured this way and also power supplies have 4 + 4 power connectors for CPUs to support both versions.

However, I would make sure both the CPU and the motherboard power connectors are properly connected. I would disconnect all the cables are reconnect everything. Let's see if it helps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube