add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HDMI Bi-Directional Switch

PCPPAccountant
  • 26 months ago

So I recently brought my xbox up to my desk where my PC is so I can plug my Xbox into the router with an Ethernet cord rather than trying to run online with WiFi. However, my monitor only has one HDMI, and one VGA port. I got tired of swapping the HDMI cord back and forth every time I wanted to play one after the other, so I got this

https://www.amazon.com/Switcher-Bi-direction-Hub-HDCP-Passthrough-Supports-DotStone/dp/B01L8LLP2G/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z23D2004Q2F51JQG1Y5J

Plugged everything in, Xbox worked great, PC showed no signal. Thought that was odd so I swapped the ports in which the cables are input to see if one of those was bad. Same thing happened, Xbox worked fine, PC no signal.

I then checked to see if the cable was bad, so I swapped each cable connecting to the other and again only the Xbox worked. Regardless of which port or which cable I used to the PC, it will not show on screen while going through the switch.

If I run either cable from the PC into my monitor it works perfectly fine. I even tried just plugging the PC into the switch to make sure it wasn't the Xbox throwing something off also being plugged in. Same results. I know the problem is not mechanical at least, it must be something with the PC and the signal once it reaches the switch.

Is there any setting I need to have changed in my display in order to make this work properly? Thanks for any help

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

If I run either cable from the PC into my monitor it works perfectly fine.

That statement there pretty much sums it up, it's the switch. What are you viewing on your computer? Try changing the source. Also try restarting the computer once you have the switch connected.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried restarting once connected. No luck. The computer just has the desktop up, not gaming or anything. I've read online about othera having the same problem.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Are your video drivers up to date? You may have an issue with the HDCP. What video card do you have?

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Also what resolution are your monitors displaying at? Make sure you have the latest versions of HDMI cables which is 2.0 that will support all resolutions.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an RX470 4G OC Edition. Drivers are up to date. I just run one monitor at 1080P.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I still think it's your switch, did you just get it? If so I'd return it for another one.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep I did. I'll likely just send back to amazon. Bummer it didn't work

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube