add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer gets stuck in a graphicsless boot loop

Atoc

25 months ago

Hi, I recently built my first computer using an outdated/modified version of this guide which became this. As soon as I power on my PC, all the fans will spin up and everything will light up, but after about 15 seconds, everything will shut down and the system will restart. There's no output and no beep code given. I know the processor requires discrete graphics, so I plugged the screen into my graphics card, and still no output. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

That looks like a it might be RAM problem. Make sure you have the RAM in DIMM_2 and DIMM_4. That would be the second and 4th slot. You can't just put the RAM in the first and second slot with the last 2 open.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll try that when I get back to it.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

If your RAM is like that then that is garunteed to be the problem.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

My ram is in slots 1 and 2, I tried 1 and 3, and that didn't work, so I didn't think to do 2 and 4.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Theres your problem, slots 2 and 4 are the slots.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Crap, that wasn't the problem. It still does the same thing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube