add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Time Builder, Ryzen Build Wont Post

JHoward95
  • 25 months ago

Here's my Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3MMZ4C

Everything is seated and plugged in correctly, I have RMA'd the mobo and when I start it up the lights and fans all come on but I never get anything on my monitor.

Please help me! I'm stumped

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure you monitor is plugged into your gpu (Your motherboard has ports for integrated graphics which your cpu doesn't have). Make sure you plugged in the 4+4 pin CPU power cable. Give your build some time, I have heard that sometimes motherboards with Ryzen CPUs can take a couple mins to figure out what they are doing. Make sure your ram is seated correctly.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Yes, I've been plugging into the GPU, I assume HDMI is fine? The CPU power cable is also plugged in, and I've given the build upwards of 5+ minutes to get running. I've lined up the RAM in the correct slots and made sure they are locked in place.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there a chance that your gpu is dead? Do you have another rig you can test it in, or maybe another GPU to test in your rig. (At this point, this is the list in order of favorability of what you would want ot be the issue (I just had a similar issue on my PC):

1. you forgot to plug in a cable. (Easy fix, little down time)

2. A cable might be defective (Easy fix, more troubling to locate.)

3. Dead GPU (since you already said you rmad your Mobo, I'm assuming you didn't get two DOA)- try plugging your HDMI into a different port on the GPU, and hope that it works, otherwise your gpu might be doa- this is the issue I had with my PC

Edit (deleted everything below this point as it was a megarant that kinda hijacked the thread, so my apologies for that)

But if it helps, this search query turns up some promising looking results that might be worth checking out? https://www.google.com/search?q=pc+lights+up+but+no+display&oq=pc+lights+uo+but+n&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2.3894j0j7&client=ms-android-att-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Good luck.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I am pretty sure mine did this as well the first time or so. But eventually after retrying it a few times it worked. Start with Dukes suggestions then go from there.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube