add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help pc won't boot

Malachy.exe
  • 25 months ago

I recently upgraded to an Asus rog crosshair vi hero and everything is plugged in but when I turn it on at the power supply everything lights, up but it will not start. Ram is in the correct slots, CPU is in with the coolor on and front io is plugged in as well. Please help * EDIT 1: the part list is here https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/CxDcZ8

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

By does not start do you mean no life at all? No power up and immediate shutdown, just nothing? Have you double checked the chassis power button is wired correctly?

Did this system work fully before you changed the motherboard?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Fully worked before I changed the motherboard, it now gets stuck at error 8 and 46 always going back to 8. I'm going to return it tomorrow so

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Check the manual and see what the errors trace back to

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

It sounds like you need to flash your BIOS. There are many tutorials you can find to do this online so I won't bother explaining it here. Maybe try booting with one stick of RAM first, but BIOS is likely to be the issue with a code 8.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube