25 months ago
This is getting quite frustrating and I'm running out of solutions aside from trying a new motherboard.
- CASE: Fractal Design R5
- PSU: Corsair HX1000W
- MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING
- RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x4GB) DDR4 3200 MHz
- CPU: i7-7700k @ 5GHz (Delidded using RockIT 88) Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, Running stock atm
- COOLING: Scythe Mugen 5 (push/pull)
- FANS: Fractal Design Venturi HF-14
- FANS: x2 Fractal Design Venturi HP-12 PWM
- GPU: x2 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition (SLI),
- M.2: x2 Samsung 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe 960 EVO, MZ-V6E250BW (RAID 0, 3357 MB/s RD, 2337 MB/s WR)
- HDD: x2 Toshiba N300 4TB
This doesn't happen when using a single card. I have tried two brand new power supplies. Single rail/Multi rail, and 2 power cords going to each card instead of a single cord. I have checked all the temps, ram test, it's all good. It will shut down randomly when not ever under load. Sometimes I can get through Furmark or another benchmark just fine and then while just browsing or sitting idle it will shut down. Tried different power cords and outlets as well.
Seems like when the top card reaches 80c is when it shuts off. Cpu at 61c, bottom gpu at 63c. About 10m of Furmark with fans at 100%