add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI Bios Setup

ryan25394
  • 25 months ago

I got to my bios menu and went to flash it as i had a version of windows 10 on my usb. Nothing happened so i turned pc off and when i start it again i cant seem to get my bios open. Any reason why that is?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

1) The bios keys might have changed and you don't know (unlikely) or 2) The bios is locked off, I know that in Asrock boards you can set it in a mode that loads the OS so fast that it skips the bios screen.

Whatever the case, if you have access to windows, you can boot to Bios from there through recovery options. Check around to see if anything is preventing you from accessing it from boot once you get to it.

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Its ok now. Everythings working fine. Just panicked when i couldnt get it back to bios screen

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

My case have an rgb light on the front of the case but isnt working. Its connected to a sata power cable but dont know where to connect it to because i thought only hdd and ssd have them ports to connect to

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you clarify what you mean by "went to flash it as I had a version of Windows 10 on my USB"? You tried to do a BIOS update? What file did you try to flash the BIOS with?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Putting this here for reference - MSI - how to recover corrupted UEFI/BIOS

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube