add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

fan-system2 revving up when windows loads up

daslolo
  • 25 months ago

So my case fans are controlled by this gigabyte mobo, fan is a 140mm noctua DC and the mobo is some itx 370. The fan is 0rpm until about chipset=55C where curve control spins it up to start voltage of 60%. It works well in the bios. But when windows loads up it revvs up and never stops, not because cpu usage or anything normal like that, but because there is somewhere on the system some registry or some service that's taking control. I went through several mobo, so I did install the asus crapware, which took quite some effort to remove, I also installed speedfan. Removing both should give control back to the bios but it doesn't seem to be the case and I really don't want to reinstall my entire system. I searched through the entire system drive and neither are left, the registries are also clean of these things as far as I understand, although for asus crap I just searched for "asus" so, is there a way to trace back what is taking contol of my fans and kill it with utmost joy? (I'll take care of the joy part, just gimme the tech insight) Thanks!

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube