• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

HoGgh0st 11 months ago

I had never purchased from this company before but, I seen them listed as a merchant on this site. I trusted it was safe to purchase from them but, soon after I started receiving malicious emails sent to my primary inbox. Has anyone else experienced this before? I never had a problem with this before and the purchase is the only thing I've made/done different recently.

Comments Sorted by:

Captaincow285 1 point 11 months ago

Malicous or spam emails? There's a difference.

B&H is the largest vendor of camera equipment They are trustworthy.

tomtomj2 8 Builds 1 point 11 months ago

Spam can be malicious, there’s a difference but they can also be both at the same time.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 11 months ago

Is it a rectangle or a square?

HoGgh0st submitter 1 Build 1 point 11 months ago

E-mails will have a person I know's first and last name but, I know they didn't send it. Sometimes they'll be "reply emails" when I never wrote an initial one.

tomtomj2 8 Builds 2 points 11 months ago

Hmmmm, have you opened any spam emails lately? Scan your PC with your Anti-Virus, maybe you have malware or something.

Also big companies can be trusted, but that still doesn’t stop them from selling your email address unfortunately. I would just block those spam emails and scan your PC.

Mike2015 2 Builds 1 point 11 months ago

I've used B&H many times and have never had a problem. I believe they are trustworthy. It is most likely a coincident that you started getting the spam emails right after your order. You or one of your friends probably got hacked and their contact list stolen.

PCPPAccountant 1 point 11 months ago

This company is awesome. No sales tax if you're from anywhere other than NY or NJ. And 2 day shipping to East coast, probably fast elsewhere if you're in the continental US too

Cranxy 1 Build 1 point 11 months ago

Reliable company. Been shopping at their store for 20 years here in NYC. One of the last remaining options of the big photo/electronic stores besides Best Buy in town.