add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New gaming rig can’t install windows.

The_Nekromancer
  • 25 months ago

So I just build my gaming rig but when I try to install windows my hard drive is not detected and I can’t proceed. Also how do I get back to the bios on a MSI B350 Tomahawk

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

How to get to bios: Should be "del" or maybe try f2?

Try putting the windows driver into the motherboard USB headers. :)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

"Press Delete key, when the Press DEL key to enter Setup Menu, F11 to enter Boot Menu message appears on the screen during the boot process." read the manual, make sure your hard drive is installed correctly

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Well check that the SATA power and data are connected. Also to get to BIOS just hit F1 or delete when the screen flashes up (don't know off hand). Is the USB detected?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube