add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No Post, Bios Code 34

mrluckypants96
  • 25 months ago

So my system has stopped working. Rampage IV Gene, Xeon 2680v1, 16GB of Kingston Memory, AMD Fury GPU.

I get BIOS code 34, which according to the manual is a "CPU Post-Memory Initialization Error", and the motherboard lights up the led for Boot Device failure. I've done basic troubleshooting, reset CMOS, test with different memory in all slots, known good GPU in various slots, and with a known good CPU. Really stumped by this one. Any ideas?

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. There was no change in drives between when the system was working and when it broke. Regardless, I've tested with drives connected and disconnected, No change.

2. It's an X79 chip, so no iGPU. I've tested with two separate GPUs, both of which work in another system,

3. I guess this is really my last option, short of spending $350 for another motherboard. I'll try this as soon as I have some time spare.

The failure was caused by my parents love of turning off the power to my room (and therefore the computer) whenever they get mad. I guess it could have caused a BIOS corruption.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube