add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ram Issue on Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura

akid14491

25 months ago

I'm trying to put my ram in dual channel, but every time I try to I'd get black screen(monitor not detecting signal). I followed the manual(A2 and B2) for dual channel. I also tried A1 and B1, but bios only detect B1. For now, I'm just running single channel(B1 and B2). Just wondering if anyone else have this problem. Also, I'm using corsair vengeance LPX and yes, they came in pairs. Any solution?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this a new rig and your setting it up for the 1st time?, Are you getting Motherboard beeping errors?, What mobo you have as some dual modes might be different. I would try to re-seat the RAM with the 2nd and 4th slots occupied. Check motherboard instruction booklet to confirm. Otherwise try running 1 RAM stick at a time and see what happens, eliminate the possibility of a bad RAM stick. I had a similar problem last week.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, no errors. I found the problem and already fixed it. Works fine now. I tried most of the things you said. Did quite a few google search to get some clues lol.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

that good to hear its all sorted out.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I have that board without aura, and updating to a newer BIOS made it impossible to boot my PC with overclocked RAM (it worked perfectly fine with the older BIOS). Thx Asus, why did I even bother buying 3200 sticks when your newer BIOS f's it up...

[comment deleted]
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried it, didn't worked. Anyway, it turns out some of the pins under the cpu was slightly misaligned. Took me a while to put it back in the correct position.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube